How to Remove Write Protection USB/SD Card:
Steps to Remove Write Protection from USB/SD Card:
- Type cmd in Run box(Win+r).
- In CMD type “diskpart” and hit enter which takes you to another window which is another command prompt where you can query about the disk space and other disk related oprations.
- Now type “list volume” and hit Enter. This will list all the drives connected to our computer.
- From all the drives which have been listed select the drive which is the removable storage you want to remove write protection USB by typing select volume a. Replace a with the drive of your removable storage volume number.
- This will select the volume of the USB and now you can format it using attributes disk clear readonly beside the >.
- This should probably format the data in your storage device and will automatically remove the write protection of your USB/ SD card.